The WA Juice Grape Sustainability Report Card is designed to aid juice grape producers in documenting their practices, and how those practices influence the overall sustainability (economically, environmentally, and socially) of their farms. The Report Card also contains information and resources to help growers develop action plans to improve their sustainability in areas where they may fall short.
Copies of this Report Card will be available to all commercial WA juice grape growers through their processors (distribution between Nov 2014-Feb 2015). In addition, copies are currently available for purchase through: WSU Extension Publications (search for publication number: EM085, or access the EM085 order form directly.
Juice Grape Report Card Downloads
References and Resources
The below resources are those presented in the Report Card. They are hyperlinked here (when available) for easy access and download.
Section I – Vineyard Management
University Extension Publications
- Assessing and Managing Cold Damage in Washington Vineyards (.pdf) – WSU #EM042E
- Cover Crops as a Floor Management Strategy for Pacific Northwest Vineyards (.pdf) – WSU #EB2010
- Pest Management Guide for Grapes in Washington – WSU #EB0762
- Ferguson J.C., J.M. Tarara, L.J. Mills, G.G. Grove and M. Keller. 2011. Dynamic thermal time model of cold hardiness for dormant grapevine buds. Ann. Bot. 107: 389-396.
- Keller M., L.J. Mills, R.L. Wample and S.E. Spayd. 2004. Crop Load Management in Concord Grapes Using Different Pruning Techniques. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 55:35-50.
- Mills L.J., J.C. Ferguson and M. Keller. 2006. Cold hardiness evaluation of grapevine buds and cane tissues. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 57: 194-200.
- Pool, R.M., R. Dunst and A. Fendinger. 1996. Regulating Crop and Quality of Machine or Minimally Pruned Concord Grapevines. In Proceedings for the First Vincent E. Petrucci Viticulture Symposium, pp. 51-56. California State University, Fresno.
- AgWeatherNet Grapevine Cold Hardiness Model – WSU (Must have an AWN account to view the model.)
- Cold Hardiness Monitoring Program – WSU Viticulture and Enology
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program (.pdf) – Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Conservation Practices (.pdf) – Natural Resources Conservation Service