Information on Labels and Registered Products
- Pesticide Information Center Online (PICOL)
- This is the Washington-specific database for pesticides registered for use in the state.
- National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC)
- This website is a central location for those looking for state-specific pesticide registrations and information.
- Crop Data Management Services Label Database (CDMS)
- This is a database of product labels and registered exemptions. While the downloadable labels do not replace the labels that are physically attached to the products, they are a great resource to have when considering new products, their uses, and their potential drawbacks
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI)
- This organization provides a review of products to determine if they meet organic standards. The post a list of those products, which are appropriate to incorporate into a certified Organic operation.
Obtaining an Applicator’s License
All WA applicator’s licenses are issued through the WSDA.
All Oregon applicator’s licenses are issued through the ODA.
Online Options for Pesticide Credits
Obtaining pesticide credits online is a convenient way to meet your annual quota. Some online courses are free, others are for a charge. Make sure that the online program you are using is approved for Washington State or Oregon State, depending on where you are practicing.
- WSDA: There is a searchable database for all pesticide recertification courses approved for WA; check here to access that search: http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/LicensingEd/Recert/
- ODA: Similar to the WSDA, ODA has a searchable database for pesticide recertification courses. This can be accessed by clicking here: http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/PEST/Pages/recertification_index.aspx
- WSU: WSU offers several online-modules for Pesticide Applicator’s Recertification Credits. Check out the courses at: http://pep.wsu.edu/rct/recertonline/
- Farm Press: 19 of the 22 courses offered online are free. Check the courses out at: https://www.pentonag.com/catalog
- Pest Network: For-fee pesticide courses. Check here for approved WA courses: http://www.pestnetwork.com/continue/new%20state/washington.html