Information on Labels and Registered Products
- Pesticide Information Center Online (PICOL)
- This is the Washington-specific database for pesticides registered for use in the state.
- National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC)
- This website is a central location for those looking for state-specific pesticide registrations and information.
- Crop Data Management Services Label Database (CDMS)
- This is a database of product labels and registered exemptions. While the downloadable labels do not replace the labels that are physically attached to the products, they are a great resource to have when considering new products, their uses, and their potential drawbacks
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI)
- This organization provides a review of products to determine if they meet organic standards. The post a list of those products, which are appropriate to incorporate into a certified Organic operation.
Obtaining an Applicator’s License
All WA applicator’s licenses are issued through the WSDA.
- WSDA – Pesticide Licensing Fact Sheet (.pdf): Which license do I need?
- WSDA – General Licensing Information
All Oregon applicator’s licenses are issued through the ODA.
Online Options for Pesticide Credits
Obtaining pesticide credits online is a convenient way to meet your annual quota. Some online courses are free, others are for a charge. Make sure that the online program you are using is approved for Washington State or Oregon State, depending on where you are practicing.
- WSDA: There is a searchable database for all pesticide recertification courses approved for WA; check here to access that search: http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/LicensingEd/Recert/
- ODA: Similar to the WSDA, ODA has a searchable database for pesticide recertification courses. This can be accessed by clicking here: http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/PEST/Pages/recertification_index.aspx
- WSU: WSU offers several online-modules for Pesticide Applicator’s Recertification Credits. Check out the courses at: http://pep.wsu.edu/rct/recertonline/
- Farm Press: 19 of the 22 courses offered online are free. Check the courses out at: https://www.pentonag.com/catalog
- Pest Network: For-fee pesticide courses. Check here for approved WA courses: http://www.pestnetwork.com/continue/new%20state/washington.html