Nutrition and Soils
Grapevine nutrition is important for the health and productivity of a vineyard. Whether this nutrition comes from the soil or through applications, know what, and how much, a plant is using and what to apply is critical. Please refer to the following publications relating to vine nutrition management and soil fertility.
Tissue Sampling and Nutrient Management
- Nutrient Assessment of Irrigated Vineyards in the Inland Pacific Northwest (Tissue Sampling) – PNW #622
- WESTERN WA –Grapevine Nutrition Module – OSU #EM9024
- Analytical Labs – After clicking on the link, select “Browse by Services” on the left. Under Nutrition, select “Plant Nutrition.”
Soil Sampling and Nutrient Management
- Soil Sampling and Testing Guidelines – WSU Website
- ORGANIC – Soil Fertility in Organic Systems – #PNW644
- Soil Sampling – UI #EB704
- Soil Test Interpretation Guide – OSU #EC1478
- Managing Salt-Affected Soils for Crop Production – PNW #601e
- Analytical Labs – After clicking on the link, select “Browse by Services” on the left. Under Nutrition, select “Soil Nutrition”. Click here for more information on Nematode testing.
Understanding Fertilizer Calculations
- Calculating Chemigation Injection Rates – WSU #FS035E
- ORGANIC –Organic Fertilizer Calculator – OSU Website
- ORGANIC –Understanding C:N Ratios and Using the Organic Fertilizer Calculator – WSU Presentation
WSU Grape Pest Management Guide
Nutrient Digest – A newsletter for the Western US!
Want to subscribe to the Viticulture & Enology Extension email Listserve? Click here to sign up!