WSU Viticulture and Enology

Research and Extension

Business Planning and Marketing

Getting Started

Succession Planning

Organic Farming Transition

Vineyard and Winery Resources



Please see our Grape and Wine Production Economics page.


Liens and Commercial Codes

  • Filing a WA State Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) – Used for filing a public notice that you (grower) have interest in the property sold (grapes) to another party (winery). This does not replace a contract, but rather, is complementary to one.
  • WA Processor Liens – Washington State WAC Code – What you can do if you do not get paid for delivered, contracted wine grapes.

Quick Links


National Extension effort developing online resources for grape production.

WSU Viticulture & Enology Certificate Program

Expand your knowledge by taking one class or an entire program online through WSU.

Ask an Expert Logo

Ask your grape questions here!


Social Media

WSU Viticulture Extension

Calendar of Events

Research and Extension, 2710 University Drive, Richland, WA 99354-7224, 509-372-7224, Contact Us
© 2017 Washington State University | Accessibility | Policies | Copyright | Log in