Business Planning and Marketing
- Small Farm Funding Resources – USDA-NAL
- Starting or Diversifying an Agricultural Business – Penn State
- Agribusiness Planning: Providing Direction for Agricultural Firms – Penn State
- Small Farms Team – WSU Website
- Financing your Business – WSDA
- Vine to Wine: Successfully Establishing a Vineyard or Winery – WSU #OM41
- Succession Planning – Washington State Conservation Commission
- Succession Planning: For Wineries and Vineyards – Penn State Extension Blog
Organic Farming Transition
- Organic Transition: A Business Planner for Farmers, Ranchers and Food Entrepreneurs – Western SARE Document
Vineyard and Winery Resources
Please see our Grape and Wine Production Economics page.
- Getting Paid: Tools for Washington Grape Growers – Washington Wine Industry Foundation
- Grape Contracts – 2009 Wines and Vines Magazine
Liens and Commercial Codes
- Filing a WA State Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) – Used for filing a public notice that you (grower) have interest in the property sold (grapes) to another party (winery). This does not replace a contract, but rather, is complementary to one.
- WA Processor Liens – Washington State WAC Code – What you can do if you do not get paid for delivered, contracted wine grapes.
National Extension effort developing online resources for grape production.
Expand your knowledge by taking one class or an entire program online through WSU.