Business Planning and Marketing

Getting Started

Succession Planning

Organic Farming Transition

Vineyard and Winery Resources



Please see our Grape and Wine Production Economics page.


Liens and Commercial Codes

  • Filing a WA State Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) – Used for filing a public notice that you (grower) have interest in the property sold (grapes) to another party (winery). This does not replace a contract, but rather, is complementary to one.
  • WA Processor Liens – Washington State WAC Code – What you can do if you do not get paid for delivered, contracted wine grapes.


National Extension effort developing online resources for grape production. Visit eViticulture website »

WSU Viticulture & Enology Certificate Program

Expand your knowledge by taking one class or an entire program online through WSU.