- Small Farm Funding Resources – USDA-NAL
- Starting or Diversifying an Agricultural Business – Penn State
- Agribusiness Planning: Providing Direction for Agricultural Firms – Penn State
- Small Farms Team – WSU Website
- Financing your Business – WSDA
- Vine to Wine: Successfully Establishing a Vineyard or Winery – WSU #OM41
- Succession Planning – Washington State Conservation Commission
- Succession Planning: For Wineries and Vineyards – Penn State Extension Blog
Organic Farming Transition
- Organic Transition: A Business Planner for Farmers, Ranchers and Food Entrepreneurs – Western SARE Document
Vineyard and Winery Resources
Please see our Grape and Wine Production Economics page.
- Getting Paid: Tools for Washington Grape Growers (.pdf) – Washington Wine Industry Foundation
- Grape Contracts (.pdf) – 2009 Wines and Vines Magazine
Liens and Commercial Codes
- Filing a WA State Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) – Used for filing a public notice that you (grower) have interest in the property sold (grapes) to another party (winery). This does not replace a contract, but rather, is complementary to one.
- WA Processor Liens – Washington State WAC Code – What you can do if you do not get paid for delivered, contracted wine grapes.
National Extension effort developing online resources for grape production. Visit eViticulture website »
WSU Viticulture & Enology Certificate Program
Expand your knowledge by taking one class or an entire program online through WSU.