- This event has passed.
July 27, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$15
Washington Advancements in Viticulture and Enology
The seminar will share results of recently completed research projects and sensory evaluation of the research wines made as part of the projects.
Registration fee: $15
Registration closes 25 July 2022.
For more information, visit: https://www.washingtonwine.org/wave/
SEMINAR TOPICS & SPEAKERS
- 1:00 pm • WELCOME -Melissa Hansen, Washington State Wine Commission Research Program Director, and Dr. Thomas Henick-Kling, Director of WSU Viticulture and Enology Program
- 1:15 pm • Evaluation of Freeze Impact on Cabernet Sauvignon and Sensory Analysis of Cab Research Wines – Dr. James Harberstson, WSU Associate Professor of Enology
- 2:15 pm • Optimizing Irrigation Strategies for White Wine Grapes and Sensory Evaluation of Riesling Research Wines – Dr. Markus Keller, WSU Distinguished Professor in Viticulture
- 3:15 pm • Newly-discovered Smoke Markers and Sensory Analysis of Smoke Exposed Research Wines – Dr. Tom Collins, WSU Wine Chemist
- 4:15 pm • Wine Social Hour