- This event has passed.
FRAME Powdery Mildew Sampling Workshop – Lake Chelan
May 22, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
This mini-workshop is being co-organized with Chelan-area growers.
The FRAME team is interested in a concentrate effort in tracking and managing fungicide resistance in grape powdery mildew. This mini-workshop will teach participants about FRAME, how to use our new grape powdery mildew sampling tools, and how to best collect those samples for fungicide resistance testing. We are also looking for grower-collaborators who are interested in participating in a more detailed study related to fungicide resistance.
Sampling kits will be available for attendees to take home and use.
Wednesday 22 May 2019
9:00 AM – Introduction to FRAME – Michelle Moyer, WSU
- FRAME project overview and resources
- Understanding what the implications of fungicide resistance are
9:20 AM – Powdery Mildew Sampling for Fungicide Resistance – Charlotte Oliver, WSU
- Overview of FRAME general sampling strategies
- Review of sampling instructions and kits
- In-vineyard demonstration of the sampling process
9:45 AM – Introduction to Resistance Sampling Research Participation – Charlotte Oliver, WSU
- Introduction to an in-depth fungicide resistance project (multi-date sampling study, aka “MetaAnaylsis”)
- Review of sampling instructions and participation requirements
- Request for regional volunteers for participation
- Scheduling for assistance with first-sampling (Thursday, 23 May 2019)
10:00 AM – Q&A and Conclude
Thursday, 23 May 2019
For those participating in the large multi-date sampling study, we will be happy to visit your property and assist in collecting the first sample.
Questions? Contact us!
- Dr. Michelle Moyer – email: email@example.com
- Dr. Charlotte Oliver – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture – National Institute for Food and Agriculture – Specialty Crop Research Initiative Award No. 2018-03375 titled “FRAME: Fungicide Resistance Assessment, Mitigation and Extension Network for Wine, Table, and Raisin Grapes.”
Anyone attending this program who requires auxiliary aids or services, please contact Michelle Moyer at 509-786-9234 or email@example.com. Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office.