Washington State University seeks full-time Winemaker to join the Viticulture & Enology Department. The position supports the Department’s cutting-edge research and teaching program by coordinating all research and commercial winemaking efforts. The successful candidate will work with a diverse team of faculty, researchers, staff and students, and have access to the state-of-the-art tools and resources utilized in the Ste. Michelle Wine Estates WSU Wine Science Center – the world’s largest and most advanced wine research and education facility, located in Richland, Wash.
Summary of Duties:
This full-time position will coordinate the research winemaking for all faculty at the Chateau Ste. Michelle WSU Wine Science Center. Primarily the duties will be overseeing and coordinating all aspects of research winemaking in the Department. The position is responsible for the production of commercial wines produced under the Department’s commercial and research winery license and the necessary compliance reports. The position also supports undergraduate education in the winery.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to area of specialization and three (3) years of experience directly related to the specialty area. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills, fluent in English, both verbal and written; spoken Spanish is helpful but not required.
- Position requires availability to work a varied schedule and beyond normal business hours during harvest season as necessary.
- Excellent math skills are required with numbers and strong recordkeeping skills along with a working knowledge of data collection and data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as the ability to learn other related computer programs and databases.
- Responsiveness to the educational equity goals of the University.
- Lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
- 3 – 5 years experience with both the practical and technical aspects of the winemaking process and understanding winemaking regulatory requirements.
- This includes all aspects of harvest, fermentation, cellar work, and winemaking chemistry analysis.
Link to full job description and to apply
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org