Quilceda Creek is a family-owned winery producing Ultra-Premium wines in Snohomish, Washington. Since 1978 the family has focused exclusively on producing exceptional Cabernet Sauvignons that rival and surpass the quality and pedigree of the finest Cabernet Sauvignons in the world. We are a passionate team that seeks motivated and positive minded individuals to assist during harvest. You will learn all aspects of red wine production in a fast paced but highly organized experience.
We communicate openly, keep things positive (even when we’re tired), and try to have fun during harvest. We are looking for eagerness to learn, curiosity, and having an interest in wine.
Position will start around September 1 and last through mid-November, depending on the growing season.
- Cleaning and sanitation of crush equipment, tanks, and winery facilities
- Pulse Air mixing of fermentations
- Take Brix readings, juice and wine sampling
- Fermentation additions
- Drain wine to barrel and press
- Various other duties around the winery
• Previous harvest winery experience preferred, but not required
• Must be 18 years of age (will be supervised by someone 21 years or older)
• Ability to work extended and irregular hours during peak harvest periods
• Ability to work in cold and wet conditions.
• Ability to lift 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to bend, squat, stand for long periods, and climb ladders.
• Ability to meeting safety requirements
• Ability to carry out direction both verbally and/or in written form
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Able to work extended hours multiple days a week.
Compensation will be $18-$20/hr, depending on experience. Please send a cover letter and resume to Winemaker – Mark Kaigas. email@example.com