Job description: Viticulture/Operations Technician
Results Partners is a vineyard management company serving vineyards in both the Willamette Valley and Columbia Valley. This position will be based in our Columbia Valley region, where we manage vineyards for clients in the Walla Walla, Red Mountain, and Columbia Gorge AVAs. We are seeking a full-time Viticulture/Operations Technician to join our growing team. In addition to standard viticulture work, this job offers the opportunity to learn and participate in the daily farming operations of client vineyards.
The individual in this position will work primarily in the Walla Walla valley and on Red Mountain (Benton City, WA), with only occasional travel to The Dalles, OR. The Viticulture/Operations Technician will have responsibilities in both viticulture and vineyard operations. The individual will report directly to the Senior Viticulturist for the Columbia Valley. During the growing season, the primary viticulture responsibilities are data collection for crop estimation, some pest & disease scouting, vineyard mapping, sampling for tissue analyses and grape maturity, and assisting with harvest activities. The primary Operations duties may include hauling equipment, operating tractors for mowing, distributing supplies to work sites, assisting with irrigation, maintaining chemical inventories, assessing winter injury. There will be opportunities for continuing education in the form of field days, industry meetings, and direct work with the Senior Viticulturist and the Operations Manager.
This position is ideal for an individual who enjoys working outside, is eager to learn, and has a strong work ethic. Our Columbia Valley team is growing and is seeking an energetic, dedicated individual to support our viticulture and operations departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General data collection and entry
- Pest and disease scouting
- Collect data for yield estimation
- Collect soil, tissue, and water samples as needed
- Assist with weed surveys
- Record GPS coordinates in new vineyards and collect vine population data
- Equipment hauling and distributing work supplies
- Assist with irrigation
- Operate vineyard tractors for various non-spray operations
- Able to work independently
- Must be able to work long days outside in variable weather, year-round
- A minimum of one year of viticulture OR farming operations experience
- Strong communication skills in English; Spanish speaking skills a plus
- Experience operating farm equipment a plus
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to accurately complete repetitive tasks
- Must be computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have a good driving record and dependable transportation
- Must work long hours as required (6 days a week during our busy time)
- Able to lift 40 pounds
Julie Tarara, Ph.D.
Senior Viticulturist, Results Partners