Who we are:
We are a 120-acre family-owned producer of ultra-premium wine grapes, producing 14 red varieties and 4 white varieties in the Red Mountain AVA, Benton City, WA. Ciel Du Cheval was originally planted in 1975, the most recent block was planted in the spring of 2021. Ciel Du Cheval has a heavy focus on education, innovation, and adapting technology within the vineyard to continually seek ways to improve the quality of our fruit and provide sustainable opportunities for the farm, and its employees.
This internship will be for the 2023 growing season.
Vineyard duties may include the following.
What you will do:
- Assist in current on-farm research projects
- Accurately collect field data, including vine counts, cluster counts & weights
- Scout for pest & disease utilizing IPM principals
- Collection of soil, leaf samples
- Utilize technology to collect, maintain and analyze data
- Input data using Excel, Word & Access
- Collection of berry samples to monitor maturity
- Learn basic operation and maintenance for all telemetry-based equipment including automated valve control, soil moisture probes, on-site weather systems
- Irrigation system maintenance, scheduling, and water application principals
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Must be available for the entire duration of the internship program
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Required to lift and move up to 40 lbs. when necessary
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
- Ability to work on one’s feet for eight hours a day five days a week occasionally in adverse weather conditions such as rain, cold/heat, and wind
- Must be able to work additional hours (over forty) during the busy parts of the growing season
- Required to be 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled in a college or university working toward a V&E or agriculture-related degree
We are seeking someone who is self-motivated has a positive attitude and a great work ethic. As well as someone who can work efficiently by themselves, or as part of a team.
Start Date: Flexible Compensation range: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
Please Contact: Kade Casciato | firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-429-2211