Hawks View Winery
The Harvest Intern will work directly with our veteran Oregon Winemaker to help craft our cool climate wines. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in every aspect of harvest and wine production, working as part of a small harvest team.
The ideal candidate must be hard working, reliable, and meticulous. Must be able to work flexible hours, up to 12-hour days, 7 days a week (however there will be days off). Anticipated start is first of September and work until early-mid November. Seasonal lodging is available on Winery Property. Wage dependent on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fruit Processing
- Sanitation of processing lines/cellar equipment
- Punch downs/Pump over
- Barrel work
- Wine movements
- Draining and pressing of tanks
- Lots and lots of miscellaneous cleaning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1 Year previous Harvest Experience Preferred but not required
- Positive attitude
- Candidates should have good communication skills, reliability, punctuality, and be
- prepared for the potential long hours.
- This includes overtime, weekends, day or night shifts, and holidays. Candidate’s schedule must be flexible to cater to incoming fruit.
- This is a physical job that requires lifting up to 50 lbs. and walking multiple miles/day.
- Forklift experience is very much preferred but not essential
All qualified candidates will be considered. Non-US workers must have U.S. Work permit.
This includes overtime, weekends, day or night shifts, and holidays. Candidate’s schedule must be flexible to cater to incoming fruit.