Base:$16.00 an hour + available lodging on property
- 8-12 hour days
- Some Morning and Evening shifts
Ponte Winery is looking for a Seasonal, Full-Time, Harvest Intern to join our team for 2022 Harvest Season. Must have a US Work Permit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fruit Processing
- Sanitation of processing lines/cellar equipment/cleaning of winemaking area
- Cap Management/Punch downs/Pump overs
- Barrel work
- Wine movements, Additions/Inoculations
- Able to execute both oral and written instructions
- Digging, draining and pressing of tanks
- Other duties, as assigned
- Follows Winery, department, and legally mandated safety policies and procedures
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to supervisor immediately
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior harvest experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in harmony with others
- Interested in learning more about premium winemaking and has an enthusiastic outlook on learning by doing.
- Candidates should have good communication skills, reliability, punctuality, and be prepared for the potential long hours.
- This includes overtime, weekends, day or night shifts, and holidays. Candidate’s schedule must be flexible to cater to incoming fruit.
- Perform heavy physical work, lifting 50 lbs repeatedly, bending, climbing, push/pulling 100 pounds, or squatting.
- Stand for long periods & work in a fast-paced environment.
- **Forklift experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- Tolerate exposure to outside elements (heat, wet and/or damp conditions, cold).