RM Wineries, LLC is Hiring for 2022 Grape Harvest!
P O S I T I O N: Vineyard Technician/Intern
L O C A T I O N: Mattawa, WA | RM Wineries: Wahluke Wine Company, Inc
F L S A: Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
D U R A T I O N: Approx. June 2022 – November 2022 (approx. 5 month internship)
S C H E D U L E: Anticipated: 5-6 days a week, 10-12 hour days, variable schedule
R A N G E: $16.50 – $18.00/hour
RM Wineries, LLC is actively looking for an individual to come work primarily in our vineyards. This is an excellent opportunity for someone eager to have hands on experience in the wine grape growing process and gain valuable experience in wine production during a grape harvest. This person would be eager work long hours, including overtime hours! This position has the potential to become a full-time position for the right candidate.
Under the direction and with support of the Winemaking team, the position will primarily:
• Help gather grape samples from vineyards for production facility;
- • Monitor non-Milbrandt contracted vineyard blocks; o Cluster counts & crop estimation
- o Identify presence or absence of pests
- o Growth, Irrigation, canopy management practices
- • Collect grape samples from drop boxes and transport to winery
- • Provide support to the winemaking and lab teams at our wine production facility.
The qualified candidate would have the following:
• Must be 18 years of age;
• High School Diploma;
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience performing viticulture/and wine chemistry responsibilities (hands on work experience, training, or educational experience);
• Degree or pursuit of a degree in Viticulture/Enology or related field is strongly preferred;
• Previous experience in an agricultural related field desired; experience in viticulture environment preferred; basic understanding and interest in winemaking desired.
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation;
• Comprehension and application in advanced chemistry and/or microbiology concepts and procedures as well as wine chemistry;
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is necessary as well as proficient writing and communication skills;
• Prompt and reliable; will show up to work on time when scheduled;
• Able to efficiently work independently;
• Able to demonstrate ability to be a team player, works with others well, takes direction well, able to problem solve, possess adaptability, remain focused, and have a positive and patient attitude.
Physical requirements include:
• Capable of being on feet for extended periods of time both standing and walking;
• Able to work in varying weather conditions;
• Able to work for extended periods looking at spreadsheets and data and with lab equipment;
• Required to possess the color vision necessary to judge and evaluate grape and wine color;
• Manual dexterity of both upper and lower body—able to crouch, lift, stoop, bend, twist, pull if needed on production floor;
• Able to work on cat walks and walk up and down stairs multiple times a day at elevated heights up to 40 feet;
To apply, please submit a complete job application with at least two (2) professional/or previous employment references to Hannah DeHoog, Human Resources at email@example.com. A cover letter and resume are appreciated, but not required. Applications can also be submitted in a sealed envelope in person or via mail:
To drop off—Wahluke Wine Company, Inc 23934 Road T.1 SW, Mattawa WA 99349
To mail—Attn: Hannah DeHoog PO BOX 1260, Quincy, WA 98848
Applications can be downloaded on our company website at www.wahlukewinecompany.com under the careers tab. In the event we are interested in your application, we will reach out either via the listed email or phone number you provide. **Job is open until filled**