- This event has passed.
Public Hearing – Adjustment to WAC Rules on Grape Certification
September 23 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Due to the mandated social distancing requirements in place during the current COVID-19 pandemic, the public hearing will be held solely over video and teleconference.
Skype Conference Line
Join by link: https://lync.wa.gov/agr.wa.gov/meet/grobinson/77GFSGDC
Join by phone: 1 (360) 407-3816
Conference ID: 86838
Chapter 16-462 WAC, Grape Planting Stock – Registration and Certification.
As a result of a three year stakeholder driven federally funded grant project and a petition from the Washington
Winegrowers Association, the department is proposing the following amendments:
- Clarifying the circumstances under which Generation 2 mother plants which are more than two years old, can
continue to be used to propagate Generation 3 grapevines;
- Requiring retesting of soil after fumigation to control the presence of nematodes of the genus Xiphinema, to
prove efficacy of the treatment;
- Decreasing the number of required inspections of certified grape planting stock (Generation 4) from three times
per year to only twice per year;
- Requiring virus sampling and testing for all registered (Generation 2/Generation 3) grapevines on a five-year
- Removing the requirement that program participants have to use paper certification tags provided by the
- Removing the requirement that certified grape planting stock (Generation 4) adhere to certain grades and
standards specified in WAC 16-462-055 when offered for sale; and
- Moving the annual application due date for registration and certification from January 1st to January 10th.
To read more about the proposed rule changes, visit: https://agr.wa.gov/services/rulemaking/wac-16-462-grape-planting-stock-032119
Submit written comments to:
Name: Gloriann Robinson, Agency Rules Coordinator
Address: PO Box 42560 Olympia, WA 98504-2560
Fax: (360) 902-2092
Assistance for persons with disabilities:
Contact Deanna Painter
Phone: (360) 902-2061
TTY: 800-833-6388 or 711