Cellar Harvest Intern, Chandler Reach Vineyards, Yakima Valley
Started twenty years ago, Chandler Reach Vineyards is a small family-owned winery specializing in Italian and Bordeaux reds from our 42-acre estate vineyard in the Yakima Valley. We produce small lots of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Syrah, Sangiovese and Barbera. In 2017, our estimated production is 100 tons.
The harvest cellar intern will be part of a small, hard-working team dedicated to making superior wines. The ideal applicant is dependable, positive, detail oriented, shows a sense of urgency and self-motivated. Excellent communication skills, willingness to work long hours and weekends, and meet the physical requirements of the job are essential as well. Previous cellar experience and forklift skills are a plus.
Duties will include:
• Crushpad work (operation/cleaning of crushpad equipment weighing of fruit, etc.)
• General cellar work (pump overs/punch downs, yeast/nutrient additions, pressing, rackings, barrel downs, general winery upkeep and sanitation, etc.)
• Fermentation monitoring (brix and temperature)
• Grape sampling and sorting
• Basic lab work (pH, TA) and data recording
• Forklift operation
Work will start mid-late August and last till early-mid November. Pay depends on experience. If interested please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.