Harvest Intern(s), Naumes Crush and Fermentation, LLC, Medford, Oregon
Position Title: Harvest Intern(s)
Division: Naumes Crush and Fermentation LLC
Reports to: Winemaker
POSITION OVERVIEW: Harvest Interns for the 2017 season working at the newest, most modern custom crush facility in Medford, Oregon. We are filling multiple part-time to full-time positions for the winery. These positions are temporary, depend on seasonal variability, and may run early to mid-August through November or December. Dates of employment vary depending upon harvest timing and are subject to change. Quality and safety are of utmost importance to us and we are seeking people who are comfortable and careful working around large industrial machinery. Based on experience, our interns receive job assignments for a varying range of tasks. This is an excellent opportunity for Enology students and enthusiasts to learn many facets of winemaking in a state-of-the-art custom crush facility.
- Clean/sanitize tanks and all equipment used in crush and cellar operations
- Grape receiving and processing, including sorting
- Cap management – pump-overs/punch-downs, and bubbling with “pulsair”
- Additions for inoculation, nutrient management, adjustments, etc.
- Juice/wine racking and transfers
- Operate different types of pumps including positive displacement, air, and bull dog pumps
- Barrel work – rack, fill, top, stir, clean, and SO2 barrels
- Comply with all quality standards, OSHA and company safety and emergency response programs
- Actively promote a culture of excellence through teamwork, job knowledge and work ethic
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
High school diploma or equivalent required. College and/or vocational training related to winemaking is desired. Previous industry experience is preferred, but not required. Desirable candidates will possess the right skill set, experience and attitude to make a valuable contribution to wine quality and cellar efficiency.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Mathematic skills
- Must be able to read, understand, and perform duties listed on SOPs and/or work orders
- Ability to accurately complete work instructions individually
- Ability to interpret, correct and complete data, including time statements and other paperwork
- Demonstrate work practices that show attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Support winemaking processes and procedures that will achieve wine quality and style objectives of owners and custom crush clients
- Computer competency with MS Word, Excel, and basic database programs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team oriented person adaptable to small winery conditions
- Strong ability to think critically, problem solve, and anticipate questions before they are asked
- Highly organized, energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize workflow
- Ability to adapt effectively to changing situations
- Ability to work irregular shifts, lack of days off, long hours and weekends, when required
Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs, work at elevated heights and travel to all places in the winery
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, continual use of arms and hands.
- Sitting in and driving a vehicle for travel to, from and through vineyards over level and steep ground through hazards common to the growing operation (i.e., farm equipment, trucks, tools, implements and supplies necessary for farm operations).
- Valid Oregon driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain forklift certification
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.