2017 Viticulture Intern, Hogue Cellars, Prosser, WA
The Hogue Cellars, located in Prosser WA, is a well established wine company that is part of Constellation Brands and has been producing award-winning, quality wines for over 30 years.
We are seeking students who are enrolled in, or recently completed a Viticulture degree program and are looking for opportunities to gain more experience in the industry.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Monitor contracted vineyards for pests, diseases, and other cultural practices associated with viticulture.
• Assist in collecting and entering data for estimating crop yields (vine harvesting, cluster counting and weighing).
• Collect maturity samples from contracted vineyards.
• Ability to work independently under the direction of the Grower Relations Manager.
• Must possess valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to spend long periods of time standing, walking, bending, or crouching in vineyards.
• Ability to stand and walk over rough or uneven terrain.
• Prolonged outdoor exposure in a range of weather conditions.
• Must be flexible with scheduling and willing to work long hours during crop estimation periods and harvest.
We have 2 Viticulture Internship positions available beginning in June and concluding in October.
To apply or for more information:
E-mail: Arianna Bozzolo at Arianna.firstname.lastname@example.org