Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
In this role you will assist the Winemaker and cellar crew in all areas of production to optimize the quality of our wonderful wines. This job is located in Walla Walla, Washington at our Northstar Winery.
What you will do:
- Assist in wine production.
- Provide monitoring and tracking of wine inventory.
- Provide hands-on participation and support for operations relative to daily production activities.
- Assist in grape crush, press and ferment of juice and monitoring of fermentation of wine.
- Provide backup to winemakers in their absence in areas of wine production and barrel operations.
- Assist in the supervision of cellar and barrel personnel in absence of winemaker.
- Set up tastings and trials, ensuring accurate review and data.
- Assist in wine evaluations.
- Perform lab analysis.
- Represent winery at trade, technical or consumer group meetings.
What you will bring: Physical Requirements:
- Ability to periodically lift up to fifty pounds
- Ability to work extended hours during peak periods
- Ability to work in cold, damp cellar environment
- Ability to climb stairs and work at heights
- 21 years or older (alcohol)
- B.S. degree in Enology, Viticulture, Food Science or related field preferred.
- Previous experience leading a project or others; able to delegate and provide direction.
- Experience with communicating among diverse teams, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer and digital literacy; familiar with MS products and various forms of software systems.
- Must have the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Must be able to work extended hours.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
- You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
- You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and tackle problems.
- You value inclusion and work to build an environment where everyone feels encouraged and every voice is heard.
- You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new insights.
- You make an impact by being ambitious and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership skills of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our 401k programs and incentive compensation programs.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.