Gordon Estate is looking for an an outgoing, dynamic, motivated individual to manage our tasting room at Columbia Gardens Wine & Artisan Village in Kennewick, WA. We are seeking someone who leads with integrity, knowledge, and honesty promoting an environment focused on excellent customer service, hospitality and sales. This person must enjoy working with people, be creative, hard-working, cheerful, resourceful, flexible, and confident in making decisions. The Tasting Room Manager must know how to manage staff and easily adapt to changing needs and demands. This person must oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest services and satisfaction, cleanliness and sanitation. The visual presentation of the wine bar must be consistent with the brand image. This position reports to the Gordon Estate General Manager, and coordinates and contributes as part of the management team. Gordon Estate is a family owned and operated business and the Tasting Room Manager must understand this and be able to work and perform in that environment. The goal of this position is to garner customer loyalty and positive word of mouth advertising through an unbeatable experience, and to increase profitability while being accessible, open and friendly. This is a full-time exempt position.
• Successful candidate must have charisma, passion for people, drive for excellence, creativity, adaptability, attention to detail, desire for perfection, high standards of cleanliness, tactful, diplomatic, strong written and verbal communication skills, be fluent in English.
• Wine knowledge required.
• Strong experience in event planning.
• Strive to be in full compliance at all times with all regulatory agencies, laws and demands.
• Ability to sell wine, wine club memberships, deliver amazing experiences to all customers, all day, every day.
• Weekend and evening work required – need flexibility in hours and days worked.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Ability to learn and master POS system.
• Keep current the required alcohol server permits for yourself and all servers.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for at least 25 yards.
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
• Maintain professional appearance at all times.
• Salary commensurate with experience and education
• Paid Time Off
• Paid holidays (6/year)