Job Post: Eight Bells Manager
Eight Bells is an urban winery located in the heart of Seattle’s Roosevelt neighborhood. Established in 2009, the winery joined friends Tim Bates, Andy Shepherd and Frank Michiels, along with their decades of winemaking experience, into a singular effort to produce quality wines that reflect the terroir of select Washington State vineyards. Now, Eight Bells has a CEO, Taylor Michiels Nordby, to guide the ship moving forward and they’re looking to hire a highly qualified, collaborative and driven candidate to join the crew!
The Eight Bells Manager will be exposed to all the ins and outs of the industry and will participate in all facets of the business: sales, marketing, wine production etc. The best candidate for this role is someone who is eager to learn about running a small winery, wants to be involved in all parts of the business, is a self-starter, team player and agile contributor. It is also important that this candidate is a true culture fit, brand ambassador and believer in our story and product. We look forward to meeting you!
What you will do:
- Focus on sales growth in alignment with annual goals/objectives (including DTC, wholesale sales, corporate gifting, etc.)
- Work the tasting room, interact with customers, sign up members, participate in private events
- Build a vendor network for our wholesale business
- Help communicate the Eight Bells brand through our marketing efforts, email campaigns, social media, etc.
- Participate in wine production including crush, topping, bottling, etc.
- Manage the Eight Bells events calendar
- Effectively represent Eight Bells winery to partners, vendors and customers
- Come to the team with new, innovative ideas to grow and push the brand
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of industry experience (wine/retail/hospitality/food service preferred)
- Strong communication, sales and negotiation skills (extensive sales experience preferred)
- Ability to participate in wine production: crush, bottling, topping, etc. (experience in winemaking preferred)
- Enthusiastic, passionate and curious about the wine industry
- Professional and personable, with excellent customer service skills
- Strong strategic, problem solving, and analytical skills
- General wine knowledge with familiarity of the Washington wine industry
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proficiency in Point of Sales (POS) systems and computer skills required
- Washington State Class 12 servers permit is required
- Able to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies
- Scheduling Requirements:
- Must be able to work various days of the week, including weekends
- Full-time employment
- Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able and willing to work on-premise
Eight Bells Winery is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC’s “Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law” poster.
Who we are:
We are a small, family and friends operation. We understand you spend a lot of time at work and in order to make all that time worth the effort, it is important to enjoy your work family. We say this because culture fit is a big component to your individual success and Eight Bell’s overall success. We are looking for someone to join our work family. In return, we will value your contribution, time and effort. Collectively, we will represent the Eight Bells brand.
Job Post: www.8bellswinery.com/careers
Contact: Taylor Nordby