Department: Production (Cellar)
Direct Manager: Winemaker and Production Manager
Rate: DOE, currently starting $15.00/hr.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Cellar workers are responsible, as part of the production team, for assisting with the production of all wines and helping with any cellar-related tasks while following all Maryhill Winery policies and SOP’s. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting Fruit.
- Cleaning fruit processing equipment.
- Assisting with the operation of pumps and crush/press equipment.
- General cellar cleanup including Cellar, tank, and equipment sanitation.
- Develop working knowledge of all cellar chemicals and their appropriate uses.
- Perform daily and weekly facility and equipment maintenance.
- Perform daily and weekly tasks as required by the Production Supervisors.
- Caution and adherence to safety protocol is essential.
- Working with equipment containing conveyers, moving parts and overhead operation.
- Working with electrical/power tools.
- This work requires constant use and exposure to hazardous materials.
- Working in a wet environment and in confined spaces.
- Willing and able to work long hours and overtime as needed.
- Strong communication skill both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask and change tasks quickly with exceptional attention to detail.
- Adept, highly motivated, and very dependable.
- Able to lift and carry, up to 50 lb. without concern: Frequently.
- Able to stand and walk for long period of time: Frequently.
- Able to push/pull, up to 50 lb. without concern: Often.
- Able to walk up and down stairs and catwalks: Often.
Education and Employment Requirements:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent: Minimum requirement.