ABOUT THE WINERY
We are a small boutique winery in the heart of Yakima Valley. We focus on Bordeaux and Rhone varieties from some of WA state’s most premier vineyards. We are a small, close-knit team. You will be working directly with the owners and winemaker. This is a very hands-on experience and our intern will get to be involved with every aspect of a small boutique winery and the winemaking process.
Harvest is a busy time of year, the right candidate must be able to work long hours (including occasional overtime, evenings and weekends), be able to lift over 50 lbs repeatedly, and have a great attitude. For candidates applying outside of the Yakima Valley affordable housing may be available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning
- Grape receiving activities
- Wine/must movements
- Cap management: punch-downs, pump-overs
- Fermentation monitoring
- Barrel activities (cleaning/filling)
- Equipment and tank sanitation
- Assistance with Fall Wine Club Events, Catch the Crush Tasting Room Activities and Fortuity Day (October 23) Celebration
- Must be reliable, on-time, and engaged
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Effective communication skills
- Approximate duration September 1-November 15. Hours each week will vary depending on winery activities.
- Possible split shifts
- Taco Tuesday lunches are a fun bonus!
- This is a paid internship
Please send resumes to: email@example.com