Upchurch Vineyard is a small, family owned winery located on Red Mountain. We work with a handful of Bordeaux varieties to produce outstanding wines that capture the purity and quality of Washington State fruit.
We are looking for a part-time intern to join our small team for Harvest 2020!
This position will report directly to the Assistant Winemaker and include the following:
- Approximately 20hr/week
- Mostly morning hours with the possibility of work extending into the afternoon some days
- Mainly production tasks with the potential to help in the Tasting Room occasionally, including:
- Assisting with harvest days: sorting fruit, pressing, transfers, cleaning up
- Daily fermentation monitoring: testing Brix & temp, monitoring aromas, performing pH/TA analysis
- Barrel maintenance: topping, maintaining empty barrels
- Cleaning and harvest preparations: shifting/steaming barrels, cleaning tanks
- Tasting Room: washing/polishing glasses, stocking wines, set-up of outdoor serving areas
The ideal person will:
- Have a passion for wine and an interest in learning the unique styles produced on Red Mountain
- The ability to work well in a small team where everyone has a hand in all parts of the work
- Good attention to detail and follow-through on tasks
Additional helpful skills:
- Experience driving a forklift and/or using a pallet jack
- WSLCB Class 12 serving permit
We love what we do, and we like to have fun doing it. Please let us know if this sounds like you! Check us out at: www.upchurchvineyard.com and on Instagram @upchurchvineyard and @ltlwine
Please send a resumé and brief statement about why you’d like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bonus points for reading this far and including an anecdotal story about you and wine!
ONE FAMILY. ONE VINEYARD. RED MOUNTAIN