Ancient Lake Wine Company, LLC is actively looking for a qualified individual for our Lab Manager position. Our current Lab Manager has secured an exciting opportunity to leave the company and continue their education.
The Lab Manager plays an important role in the overall direction of operations in our winery lab and ensures that all related responsibilities and activities are carried out. It is critical that the qualified candidate is dependable, displays a positive attitude, and is willing to learn, as our Company is able to provide comprehensive training on all responsibilities for the right candidate. The Lab Manager also serves as a member of the Department Management team and is expected to perform supervisory duties well for the Lab team. We really need someone who knows their way around a lab and the ideal person will have good knowledge relating to wine-related lab analyses and terms.
The qualified candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age or older due to wine tasting;
- Bachelors of Science degree or comparable lab experience (preferably winery lab);
- Knowledge of wine chemistry and analysis concepts;
- Previous experience working as a Lab Tech or related position; (preferably a winery lab)
- Experience working at least one grape harvest in production winemaking; (preferred)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; able to read and write in English; in order to effectively and communicate in person and construct professional emails free of grammar errors to staff and clients;
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Proficient in performing all analytical tests in the laboratory and able to troubleshoot procedural and equipment issues;
- Supervisory/leadership/manager experience involving conflict resolution and leading a team is a must.
The position will remain open until filled. Applicants can download an application on our website.
The application package must include:
- Completed Employment Application
- Cover Letter
- Updated Resume
We will request 2-3 references if we are interested in your application packet. Please submit your packet to Hannah DeHoog, Human Resources or on Indeed.
You may also mail in your application to:
Ancient Lake Wine Company, LLC
Attn: Hannah DeHoog, Human Resources
PO BOX 1260
Quincy, WA 98848.
****Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that you do not drop an application packet off unless absolutely necessary.****
If we are interested in your application, we will contact you via email or telephone for next steps.
A full job description is available on our website.
Job Type: Full-time
- Winery/Wine Analyses: 1 year (Preferred)
- Laboratory: 3 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 2 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Schedule: 10 hour shift
Company’s website: www.alwinery.com
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No