Are you in the business of growing great grapes? Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is in the business of making great wine because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Viticulture Internship to join our team.
What you will do:
- Accurately collect viticulture field data which can include, but is not limited to:
- pest and disease levels and damage assessments
- cluster counts, cluster weights
- vine counts, vine weights
- shoot elongation measurements
- soil sampling
- petiole sampling
- collection of fruit samples (If working through harvest)
- Use a palm pilot for collecting field data.
- Operate an ATV.
- Occasionally assist with research projects within the vineyard.
- Work is performed primarily outside in the vineyards in all weather conditions.
- Will drive a Pickup to vineyard locations and use an ATV in the vineyards.
- Will perform computer work.
- Able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
- Must be able to operate an ATV on rough terrain for long hours.
- Must be able to work extended hours outdoors in inclement weather.
- Must be able to walk up and downhill on steep and uneven terrain.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completed degree or currently enrolled in a program relating to plant sciences or a related field preferred.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Must be able to take direction both verbally and/or in written form.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a record of safe driving history.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours in extreme weather conditions
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 509-875-4243.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)