Summary of Duties
This position supports the educational programmatic needs of the Viticulture & Enology Program with a special focus on the Viticulture & Enology Certificate Programs. The position will serve as the primary contact and oversee the day-to-day operation, administration and facilitation of the Viticulture & Enology Certificate Program, will be responsible for coordinating and managing the online interface, updating web content for each program and communicating with students and faculty, and will work with participating instructors to verify information in materials and provide advice and assistance on preparation of materials and presentations. The coordinator will be responsible for monitoring and communicating program deadlines, addressing concerns, and generating solutions.
The V&E Certificate Program Coordinator will assist in organizing and delivery of V&E extension seminars and workshops locally, regionally, and occasionally overseas. This position oversees budgeting and fiscal management processes and works to project, monitor, maintain, initiate and/or approve expenditures on program budgets including initiating corrective action, receiving, processing and depositing funds.
The Coordinator will make comprehensive arrangements for certificate camps and other educational events and activities including the student led wine club and will plan and resolve all logistical problems that arise during events, including lodging reservations, equipment and material needs, food service and all other event related logistics.
Competitive benefits available hrs.wsu.edu/benefits
A Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to area of specialization and three (3) years of experience directly related to the specialty area. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe, and other standard productivity technology.
- Experience working in a team environment, providing leadership to the team, and providing and receiving direction as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people, including peers, university and school administrators, faculty, and staff, students and parents, and the general public.
- The successful candidate will be required to work flexible hours which include some evenings and weekends, specifically during applied experiences and activities.
- Must have or be able to obtain at the time of hire, a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Ability to travel year-round using own reliable transportation (mileage reimbursed) may be required. While using a private vehicle for official business, the successful candidate must have current automobile liability insurance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, communications, and three (3) years of experience in program management.
- Experience in an education, administrative, or management position/environment with special focus on the development of curriculum in an online learning environment.
- Experience with database management and a basic understanding of online learning platforms such as Blackboard and Canvas is desired.
- Experience leading or directing the work of others.
- Experience managing and/or developing a budget.
- Experience managing, tracking, and reporting program data.
- Experience in preparing and presenting information to groups.
This position has been designated by the department to require a background check
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.