Description: Tsillan Cellars is a 7,500-case winery facility located on the south shore of Lake Chelan in Washington State. All fruit utilized for winemaking is sourced from our 35-acre estate vineyard. We seek to fill the Assistant Winemaker position. The applicant will be expected to work alongside and under the Head Winemaker’s supervision until the Winery Owner and Head Winemaker determine the Assistant Winemaker is ready to assume to role of Head Winemaker. It is the goal of Tsillan Cellars to have this Assistant Winemaker to Head Winemaker transition take within three years of hiring the Assistant Winemaker.
- Applicant must hold a degree in enology and viticulture from either WSU or Walla Walla Community College or other accredited program.
- This is a full – time salaried position.
- Work week, other than the grape harvest period, is normally; Monday – Friday 8AM to 5PM.
- Harvest period hours typically will range between 7AM and 7PM.
- The position’s responsibilities will include: operation of cellar and harvest/crush equipment, lab analysis of; wine, juices and musts, manual labor, records keeping, cellar sanitation, barrel maintenance, wine maintenance, minor maintenance of cellar equipment, wine filtrations, bottling.
- Communicate and work with the Tsillan Cellars vineyard foreman to assure best vineyard practices and optimize the estate fruit quality consistent with winemaking styles.
- Applicant will need to be able to operate a forklift and become forklift certified if not already certified.
Please submit resume with references to: Tsillan Cellars, Attention: Ray Sandidge, PO Box 1759, Chelan, WA 98816 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Compensation commensurate with enological and viticultural knowledge and experience.