|Job Title||Viticulture Internship (2)|
|Organizational Unit||Vineyard Administration|
|Reporting To||Viticulture Technicians|
|Location (City, State)||Based at 14 Hands Winery in Prosser, WA, but work at various locations throughout EW|
|FLSA Status (HR Use Only)||Hourly|
|Employment Status (HR Use Only)||Intern Non-Union|
|Position Summary (Brief description summarizing overall purpose / objectives of the position)||To provide learning opportunities which promote professional development with a commitment to create the atmosphere and the means to pursue excellence. Practical training that will impart quality work-experience in the wine industry through hands-on participation related to viticulture|
|Essential Functions (Core Responsibilities integral to the job – must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. Includes supervisory responsibility, use of equipment, and indication of key contacts, if applicable)||· Accurately collect viticulture field data which can include, but is not limited to:
o pest and disease levels and damage assessments
o cluster counts, cluster weights
o vine counts, vine weights
o shoot elongation measurements
o soil sampling
o petiole sampling
o collection of fruit samples (If working through harvest)
· Use a palm pilot for collecting field data.
· Operate an ATV.
· Occasionally assist with research projects within the vineyards.
|Non-Essential Functions (Desirable, but not necessary aspects of the job, can be performed by other employees, may include occasional or periodic functions)||· Perform other related duties as assigned|
|Working Conditions||· Work is performed primarily outside in the vineyards in all weather conditions.
· Will drive a Pickup to vineyard locations and use an ATV in the vineyards.
· Will perform computer work.
|Physical Requirements (Physical demands required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)||· Able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
· Must be able to operate an ATV on rough terrain for long hours.
· Must be able to work extended hours outdoors in inclement weather.
|Qualifications (Minimum competencies required for job performance)||· H.S. diploma or equivalent
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Completed degree or currently enrolled in a program relating to plant sciences or a related field preferred.
· Must be able to take direction both verbally and/or in written form.
· Ability to manage time and prioritize workload.
· Must be self motivated.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
· Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a record of safe driving history.
· Experienced in the operation of computers and data entry preferred.
· Must be flexible to work extended hours in extreme weather conditions.
|Hourly Wage||$14.50 to $15.50 an hour depending on education and experience|
|Apply On Line at SMWE’s Web Site||www.smwe.com/employment.. REQ# 18-0197|
|EEO Statement||Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 509-875-4270.