Precept Wine Brands is looking for a vineyard intern to help with data collection throughout our estate vineyards as well as contracted vineyards. We are seeking a highly motivated, dependable and well organized individual to assist our Vineyard Operations team with data collection relating to yield estimation, pest control, vine nutrition, plant sampling and various other aspects of the vineyard. This position is ideal for students seeking to gain hands on experience in a vineyard setting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Vineyard scouting and reporting
• Entry and management of data collection into SureHarvest software systems
• Assist with vineyard monitoring; identify pests/diseases, grape sampling, data entry, nutrient analysis, cluster counts and weights.
• Work with Viticulture Technician on other various vineyard tasks as needed
• Interest in plant science, agriculture, viticulture and wine
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Currently enrolled in program related to viticulture
• Detail oriented individual who works well in both a team and individual setting
- Must be able to communicate effectively and accurately
• Must have strong work ethic with a willingness to learn
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, be able to hike in uneven, steep terrain and in varying weather conditions on a daily basis
• Must be able to work extended hours, including weekends, when necessary
• Excellent time management skills and capable of multi-tasking
Will report to our vineyard office daily; located in Benton City, Washington.
If interested please send resume and cover letter to: