Job Title: Vineyard Intern
Status: Intern, Hourly
Reports to: Viticulturist
To help the Viticulturists monitor the vineyards for insect and disease presence, continually evaluate the vineyards for potential crop yield and observe and comment on general vineyard health.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Scout for insect, disease and weed problems at any of the Trinchero vineyards where the Tech is assigned to perform those duties.
• Assist the Viticulturists in counting clusters and other activities prescribed to estimate possible crop yields
• At least a junior standing pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Viticulture
• At least 2 years of academic training, possibly previous vineyard/farming experience
• Preferably conversant in Spanish
• Moderate to heavy physical work
• Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates’ facilities
• Working outside daily and exposed to the temperature fluctuations, wind, dust, etc.
• Frequent long and irregular hours, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week
• Must comply with all safety equipment requirements including ear plugs and safety glasses
• Exposure to various chemicals in production areas
• Exposure to machinery, forklifts and related production equipment
• Extensive walking and lifting of up to 40 pounds