Research Specialty and Interests
Virus diseases of horticultural, vegetable and food crops. Virus characterization, diagnostics, plant-virus-vector interactions, development of integrated crop improvement strategies, virus diseases in international agriculture and capacity building in developing countries. Current focus is on virus diseases of grapevines and vegetables.
Diseases of Fruit Crops – Pl P 300. Fall (A/Y). This undergraduate course provides a comprehensive understanding of the diseases of grapes, tree fruits and small fruits grown in Washington State, caused by bacteria, fungi, nematodes, viruses and phytoplasmas. Class lectures and field visits provide inquiry-based, active learning of different aspects of diseases in fruit crops and relate specific concepts learned in the class room to ‘real world’ situations.
Current Lab Members
- Sridhar Jarugula, Graduate Student
- Sudarsana Poojari, Graduate Student
- Tefera Mekuria, Post-Doctoral Research Associate
- Linga Reddy Gutha, Post-Doctoral Research Associate
- Olufemi Alabi, Post-Doctoral Research Associate
- Andrew Schultz, Undergraduate Student
WSU Prosser IAREC
24106 N. Bunn Road
Prosser, WA 99350-8694