AvinoDos Wines– Winemaking Internship
Company Overview: Nestled among a collection of some true “rock star” vintners in a conclave of Napa’s urban wineries, AvinoDos is part of a new generation of producers bringing new passion to maintaining and growing the iconic status of premium Napa Valley wines. We specialize in crafting single-vineyard limited production wines.
Job Description: The winemaking Intern is responsible, as part of the production team, for assisting with the production and bottling of all wines and helping with any cellar-related tasks while following all AvinoDos Winery policies and standard operating procedures. The successful candidate will be involved in every aspect of production from grape to bottle. Internship starts in July 2023 and typically runs through November 2023.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with, and performs, all crush activities
- Assists with, and performs, wine transfers, racking and blending operations
- Assists with, and performs, barrel operations
- Some forklift operations (i.e. dumping fruit and/or forklifting empty and full barrels/bins)
- Assists with, and performs, cap management protocols such as pump-overs and punchdowns.
- Follows directions and works with a positive attitude
- Communicates with managers and co-workers in a positive manner
- Follows winery, department, and legally mandated safety policies and procedures
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to supervisor immediately
- Education: Pursuing a BS in Viticulture & Enology or Interested in learning more about premium winemaking and has an enthusiastic outlook on learning by doing.
- Experience: 1-2 years desired but willing to train a promising candidate
- Ability to read and write English; Bi-lingual is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in cold and wet conditions for long periods
- Able to bend, squat, climb and stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds and perform regular strenuous work
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through with assignments and projects
- Must be comfortable with long and irregular hours during peak periods or on various shifts
- A valid driver’s license acceptable DMV record required
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The pay scale for this position is $20-$25/hr. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data. The Company reserves the right to modify the range in the future.
Contact Info: Anibal Santana- (707) 225-2350 or firstname.lastname@example.org