Ph.D. Biochemistry, 1982, University of Idaho
Graduate Training in Biochemistry, 1974-77, Clemson University
B.S. Pre-medicine, 1974, Clemson University
Research and Teaching
- Professor of Postharvest Physiology, 2002-present, Washington State University. Principal duties include research (65%) directed toward investigations of postharvest phenomena in perishable commodities; undergraduate and graduate instruction (35%).
- Associate Professor of Postharvest Physiology, 1995-2002, Washington State University. Research (40%); undergraduate and graduate instruction (60%).
- Associate Professor of Postharvest Physiology, 1993-1995, University of Idaho.
- Assistant Professor of Postharvest Physiology, 1988-1993, University of Idaho.
- Visiting Assistant Professor and Visiting Horticulturist, Washington State University, 1990-1995.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Plant Biochemistry, 1983-85, Washington State University. Principal duties included biochemical research on polyol-synthesizing plants.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Atmospheric Analytical Chemistry, 1983, University of Idaho. Research duties on development and validation of analytical methods to measure trace amounts of atmospheric sulfur compounds.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Food Chemistry, 1981-82, University of Idaho. Research on development and validation of instrumental analytical methods for water-soluble vitamins in foods.
- Graduate Research Assistant, 1979-81, University of Idaho
- Graduate Instructional Assistant, 1977-79, University of Idaho
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, 1975-77, Clemson University
- Research Chemist, Tree Fruit Research Laboratory, 1987-88, USDA/ARS Wenatchee, WA. Duties involved design, conceptualization, and implementation of biochemical research on stored apples, pears and cherries.
- Research Associate – Postharvest Physiology, 1985-87, USDA/ARS Wenatchee, WA
Washington State University:
- Horticulture 435/535, Chemistry and Biochemistry of Fruits and Wine, Spring 2003
- Horticulture 509-510, Graduate Seminar, Spring Semester 1996, Spring/Fall 2002-present
- Horticulture 503, Advanced topics in Horticulture, Fall Semester 1995,1996, Spring 1999, 2001, 2002
- Horticulture 418/518, Postharvest Biology and Technology (Washington State University) Fall Semester 1993-present
- Horticulture 311, Pomology, Fall Semester 1989
- Other contact hours in Horticulture 700 and 800, Dissertation/Thesis Research
University of Idaho:
- Plant Science 102, Introduction to Plant Science, Fall Semester 1990, 1991
- Plant Science/Forestry 432, Tree Physiology, team taught with Dr. John Marshall, Spring Semester 1993, 1995
- Plant Science 461, Pomology/Tree Fruit Production Techniques, Alternate Fall Semesters 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994
- Plant Science ID475, Postharvest Pathology, Alternate Spring Semesters 1989, 1991, 1993, 1995
- Plant Science 480, Field Trip, 1990-1994
- Pruning Trees and Shrubs, UI Continuing Education Enrichment course, Summer 1989
- Other contact hours involving Plant Science 500 and 600, Dissertation/Thesis Research
49 Johnson Hall
PO Box 646414
Pullman, WA 99164-6414