Cellar Lead, Purple Star Winery
Terra Vinum is a family owned winery located in Benton City Washington, producing 300
tons annually with a focus on Red Mountain AVA.
The Cellar Lead must be committed to the highest production standards. Operating
autonomously in a clean, efficient and safe cellar. Able to execute a wide range of tasks
on a daily basis, as well as posses strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Cleaning, sanitizing, operating and maintaining all winemaking equipment.
• Supervising harvest cellar interns and seasonal employees.
• Making chemical additions to juice and wine.
• Managing bottling preparation and execution.
• Assist in safety compliance.
• Maintain inventory of winemaking materials.
• Ongoing cleaning to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
• Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods in all weather.
• Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to climb ladders and stairs frequently.
• Availability to work most days and or nights, with some overtime.
• Certified forklift operator certificate.
• 2+ years of winery cellar experience.
• Highly organized and motivated.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish-English) preferred.
• Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
• Groomed clean appearance, courteous manners with the public.
• Salaried based on experience.