Horticulturist, Oasis Farms, Prosser
Reports To: Derek Hill, Production Manager
FLSA Status & Career Level: Hourly
Post Date: 06/16/2017
Oasis Farms has an immediate opening for an experienced Horticulturist. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong communication skills, both written and oral and will manage a team. The candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Your willingness to learn and your good attitude will be the key to success in this organization. The candidate will possess strong leadership and technical skills to train, develop and retain employees and their success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Irrigation Management
- Fertility Management
- Control environment conditions of crops
- Supervise, transplant & harvest crops
- Space Management
- Strong emphasis on Safety Management
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Horticulture or equivalent experience.
- 3 years or more of Agricultural Industry experience.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary, DOE.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision, and vacation.
- Relocation allowance may be considered.
- Company vehicle
- Career mobility
Required Education and Experience:
- An Associate’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or degree in related filed required.
- A Bachelor’s in Horticulture, Agriculture, Small fruits, or a degree in a related field preferred.
- Horticulture: 4 plus years
Required license or certification:
- Private Pesticide Applicator License preferred.
If interested, please reach out to our Human Resource Department at (509) 973-3035 or 509) 968-8680. You can also fill out an application at our location: 73201 W. Evans Rd. Prosser, WA 99350
Oasis Farms is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.”