Harvest Enologist/Lab Manager, Owen Roe, Wapato, WA
Owen Roe is a medium sized Northwest winery with a broad offering of red and white wines. We are looking for an experienced and ambitious individual to help us with the 2017 harvest season at our winery in Wapato, Washington. At our facility we process premium fruit in very small batches. Winemaking in our style can be tough physical labor with long hours; however it is not without its rewards. We provide competitive wages, lunches prepared for you daily, and a supportive working environment. The position will most likely last from mid-August through mid-to late November (actual employment term is highly dependent on the season).
- Sampling fruit, juice, and wine
- Using spectrophotometer for determination of YAN, ammonia, residual sugar & malic acid
- Using auto-titrator for determination of pH and TA
- Making yeast inoculations and nutrient adds
- Assisting fermentation manager with the collection of morning numbers (brix and temp) using a DMA.
- Entering information into our winemaking database (IVIS).
- Bringing quality issues to the attention of the senior winemaking staff so that proactive planning can begin.
Candidates will take winery hygiene and listed expectations very seriously. This position requires genuine physical work and stamina. Depending on the flow of the season, there is a potential for long shifts and/or overtime. Prior experience as a winery enologist is preferred. Additionally, candidates should have at least one year of winery production experience, be able to lift 50+ pounds, climb a ladder, possess strong verbal and written English skills, good work ethic and attitude, and must be willing to work extended hours including weekends. Transportation and housing will be the responsibility of prospective hires.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Harvest Enologist” in the subject line.
Please no calls.
Salary Information: DOE (Hourly with overtime)