Distillery Production Coordinator, Jose Miguel Puro, Yakima, WA
The Distillery Production Coordinator will coordinate the production of distillate and distillate byproducts at the Jose Miguel Puro® facility in Yakima, WA. The Distillery Production department is responsible for the mash, ferment, and distillation of Jose Miguel Puro® branded products, along with the blending and packaging of said products.
The Distillery Production Coordinator will ensure all aspects of the distillation processes are properly completed which includes monitoring compliance with Federal, State, and Local operating requirements, as well as interpreting and implementing requisite government rules and regulations. The Distillery Production Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring product quality, maintaining a safe and orderly work environment, and supporting organizational goals and objectives while keeping production on/under budget. In addition to overseeing those tasks, the Distillery Production Coordinator will also be responsible for distillation equipment maintenance, inventory and record keeping, and working with others in a distillation plant environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate an exemplary knowledge of basic chemistry and microbiological phenomena necessary for the quality assurance of beverage alcohol and will have successfully completed higher education coursework in Viticulture & Enology, Chemistry, or related Science field as part of a completed Bachelor’s degree curriculum. This requirement can be alternately fulfilled by demonstrating a thorough understanding of distillation processes based on 2 years of experience.
This is a versatile position requiring a range of skill sets in varied working environments. As such, the candidate we seek must be adaptable, self-motivated, and open to a fluid, daily schedule. This full-time position is tentatively scheduled to begin mid-March, 2017. Compensation TBD (based on experience/education).
• Oversee all aspects of producing raw distillate, as well as distillery byproducts, through each stage of the process: Operate a 300 gallon, 14-column Reflux Still operated by steam
• Manage (2) 300 gallon fermenters (chill side or steam side)
• Enthusiastic about developing a detailed comprehension of continuous flow distillation methods
• Bachelor’s Degree in Viticulture & Enology, Chemistry, or related Science field
• Must have a minimum 2 years of experience with the distillation process or comparable academic achievement
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus
• Works well with others
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a must
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Collaborative work ethic while continuously looking for ways to improve facility operations
• Working knowledge of TTB and Washington State rules and regulations, as well as Food and Beverage Safety Processes, is a plus
• Can lift 50 lbs
• Ability to operate heavy equipment including delivery vehicle and forklift
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software and open to learning new software applications
• Has no alcohol related offenses on record
JOSE MIGUEL PURO, LLC • 2305 Industry Lane, Unit B • Yakima, WA 98901 • 509.654.9393