2017 Harvest Intern, Terra Vinum Winery, Benton City, WA
Terra Vinum is a family owned winery located in Benton City Washington, producing award winning wines for our own brands as well as custom crush clients. We are currently seeking experienced individuals for the 2017 vintage.
The Harvest Intern must be committed to the highest production standards. Operating in a clean, efficient and safe cellar, as directed by the Enologist and Cellar Master. The Harvest Intern must be able to execute a wide range of tasks on a daily basis, as well as posses strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and operating winemaking equipment.
- Receiving and processing fruit.
- Manual punchdowns, pump-overs and wine transfers.
- Moving hoses and equipment.
- Making chemical additions to juice and wine.
- Keeping accurate records.
- Ongoing cleaning to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
- Availability to work most days, with some overtime
- 2+ Years cellar experience or enrolled in science based degree
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Groomed clean appearance, courteous manners with the public.
- Proficient in basic math, related to the wine
- Hourly based on experience.
Position lasts from September to mid-November.
Megan Davis, Enologist