2017 Lab Interns, Hogue Cellars, Prosser, WA
The Hogue Cellars, located in Prosser WA, is a well-established wine company that is part of Constellation Brands and has been producing quality award-winning wines for over 30 years.
The Hogue Cellars Internship program combines enology seminars, winemaking led discussions, and vineyard tours in tandem with day to day responsibilities. We are seeking students who are enrolled in or have recently completed a wine-related degree program (food science, biology, chemistry, microbiology, enology, etc.) and are looking for an opportunity to gain more experience in the industry.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Perform daily chemical and microbiological lab analyses on juice/wine samples to ensure specifications are met.
• Sample and analyze musts, juices, and wines using appropriate sampling procedures.
• Prepare reagents necessary for performing chemical and microbiological lab tests.
• May perform daily bottling line quality check on packaging materials and finished product.
• Calibrate and operate analytical instruments, such as Spectrophotometer and pH meter.
• Completed college coursework in Chemistry or Biology preferred.
• Knowledge in quality control procedures and related statistics.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to precisely follow directions.
• Must be computer literate and know MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk on wet surfaces, climb stairs and ladders.
To apply or for more information:
E-mail: Maurine Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org