2017 Cellar Interns, Hogue Cellars, Prosser, WA
The Hogue Cellars, located in Prosser WA, is a well-established wine company that is part of Constellation Brands and has been producing quality award-winning wines for over 30 years.
The Hogue Cellars Internship program combines enology seminars, winemaking led discussions, and vineyard tours in tandem with day to day responsibilities. We are seeking students who are enrolled in, or recently completed a wine-related degree program and are looking for opportunities to gain more experience in the industry.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Grape receiving, crushing, pressing, racking, pomace-transfers, juice and must additions.
• Inoculations, pump-overs, barrel prep/filling, tank and equipment sanitation, and general winery operations.
• Assist where required during busy harvest season.
• Work long hours on day and/or swing shift as required at harvest.
• Perform all job functions in strict adherence to company Health and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
• Pursuing/completed an education in a wine-related degree program (Enology, Microbiology, Chemistry) – preferably with plans to find a career in the wine industry.
• Able to begin working in mid-August and continue working through early November.
• Strong technical skills or prior crush experience helpful.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb stairs, stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Perform strenuous tasks indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
To apply or for more information:
e-mail: Erubiel Clara at email@example.com