4/13/17 – Assistant/Apprentice Viticulturist, Grapeman Farms, Bakersfield, CA
Grapeman Farms is a large scale, vertically integrated, grower -packer – shipper of premium table grapes. We farm in Delano, Bakersfield and Maricopa California and soon starting growing operations in Peru. With over 4000 Acres planted in California and 17 varietals we are in the process of developing the next generation of growers that will secure our future for the next 20 years.
Position: Assistant / Apprentice Viticulturist. This position will work under one of our seasoned table grape growers to learn the pragmatic application of viticulture…in other words they will actually learn how to grow grapes, and do so in a large commercial farming environment.
Compensation: This is a year round full time salaried position offering full benefits, paid vacation, paid relocation and company vehicle. Bonus compensation commensurate with performance. Starting Salary based on level of experience.
No commercial experience: $40,000 to $60,000
3 – 5 Years Experience: $75,000 to $90,000
5 – 10 Years Experience: $120,000 – $170,000
10 – 20 Years Experience: $200,000 – $300,000
Location: Bakersfield, CA.
Requirements: #1 Requirement is a passion for production agriculture, this is a farming job.
- Bachelors degree in horticulture, viticulture or related agriculture science degree.
- Pest Control Advisor License (can be obtained once hired)
- Bilingual Spanish or working knowledge is helpful
- Supervisory and Leadership potential – we have over 3500 folks working in the field.
- Self Motivated with the ability to prioritize for results within a fast paced working environment.
- Ambitious willingness to learn the art of grape growing.
Currently there is a significant talent gap in California for experienced table grape growers, currently making it one of the most lucrative careers in all of agriculture today. This is an opportunity to learn from experts the art of table grape growing and develop into a Vineyard Operation Manager.
If you are interested please send letter and resume to: