HARVEST WINERY INTERNSHIP
Goose Ridge Vineyards has an opening for an annual part-time winery internship. The is focused on lab and cellar work centered around grape harvest from roughly late August through November. This is the right opportunity for a technically and science-minded individual, with a strong work ethic, looking for experience in the wine industry.
Winery Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Laboratory analysis on juice and wine: pH, TA, and Brix
- Sample collection
- Grape sample processing for lab and sensory analysis
- Assembling blends and trials for winemaking staff
- Data entry
- Assist with cellar work: pumpovers, additions, harvest processing
- Assist with barrel room work: barrel racking & filling, barrel topping, and barrel additions
- Assist with bottling
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and safely – often without direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Excellent organizational stills, detail oriented
- Self-starter with willingness to learn and follow new procedures
- Lift, push, or pull a minimum of 15 pounds weight
- Perform work in sitting or standing position for extended periods of time.
- Perform work with use of a step stool or ladder
- Perform work outdoors, often in hot and dry conditions.
- Perform work indoors, often in cool and damp conditions.
The applicant must be flexible, professional, highly motivated, and able to manage multiple responsibilities and complete tasks efficiently with a high degree of accuracy. This is a paid, part-time position working 12-16 hours, 2 to 4 days per week. Working Saturdays, Sundays, and/or evenings will be sometimes be necessary in the fall, during the grape harvest.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and your resume via email.
Goose Ridge Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All submissions will be treated with strict confidentiality.