Internship Program Overview
Our internship program provides students interested in grape and wine production and research the opportunity to spend five to six months working alongside seasoned professionals at one of our many California production sites. Most internships overlap with our grape harvesting efforts, early/mid-summer through late fall, which provide a fruitful experience for learning and developing. Interns support critical harvest efforts as well as complete and present a project to our Winegrowing Leadership team. Ten different internship opportunities are available in Research, Grape Production, Grower Relations, Winemaking and Spiritsmaking (more details on specific opportunities provided below).
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in the school of Life Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, or Engineering
- Strong applied technical skills and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and successful completion of background check.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Required to lift and move up to 40 lbs. when necessary
- Required to work at heights of 50 feet, on tops of tanks inspecting wine surfaces when necessary.
- The position requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in the school of Life Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, or Engineering.
- Excellent organizational and team skills and experience managing multiple assignments.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical inclination and an aptitude for design of equipment and manufacturing processes.