The Process Technology Internship Program for Scientists is searching for appropriate candidates to fill the 6 month positions (approximately mid-June through mid-December) within our Process Technology Department. Interns will assist in the development and scale-up of new technologies for the Winery. Interns working on technology projects will assist in managing a portion of an ongoing development project. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a lab or production environment and increase your skill base for future employment or graduate school.
Interns will work with cross-functional teams, including operations, winemaking, engineering and operators to execute technology projects that are undertaken during the harvest season.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or Engineering.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Available for the entire duration of this internship program – mid-June 2019 through mid-December 2019.
- Required to lift and move up to 40 lbs when necessary.
- Required to work at heights of 50 feet, on tops of tanks inspecting wine surfaces when necessary.
- The position requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or Engineering.
- Strong applied technical skills and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and team skills and experience managing multiple assignments.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical inclination and an aptitude for design of equipment and manufacturing processes.