Barnard Griffin Winery is Washington State’s premiere family-owned winery, founded in 1983 by Robert Griffin and Deborah Barnard. As one of the oldest and most respected wineries in the Northwest, Barnard Griffin focuses on quality winemaking coupled with a strong family legacy.
Job Description: The Event Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, management, organization and execution of all private events at Barnard Griffin Winery. This position is highly sales focused and will be responsible for procuring new business for the private event space. The Event Coordinator will be expected to promote the company and event space through community involvement, sales calls and other media avenues. This person will be responsible for contract development and determining profitability for each event. This is a full time position that will require schedule flexibility, self-motivation, passion for the wine industry and excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred 4+ years of industry experience
- Detailed knowledge of Washington State wine
- Capable of exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Procure new business for the event center
- Plan, manage and execute all private events
- Event contract development and execution
- Maintain excellent records and financial analysis of each event
- Work closely with management to reach regular sales goals
- Assist management with the execution of company sponsored events
- Schedule and supervise any event center staff members
- Assist with the production of advertising materials for private events
- Maintain and manage company event calendar
- Respond to event inquiries promptly and professionally
- Promote company and event space through external community involvement
Compensation will depend upon experience. The candidate hired will also receive company benefits and the opportunity for sales commissions.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.