If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for making high quality wine. This position works directly with the Winemaking Team and will be an integral winemaking support position, helping to facilitate daily harvest Winemaking responsibilities. This position does not require Cellar or Lab work, however the Interns will work daily with members of the Cellar and Lab to achieve daily responsibilities.
This is a seasonal job; dates are generally between June and November, depending on the start of harvest. Hours are determined on an as needed basis to keep up with grape processing. This may include weekend work, and overtime.
- Conduct daily fermentation monitoring including tank temperatures, cap inspection and management
- Taste and evaluate wines with Winemaking team
- Assist winemakers with vineyard monitoring and picking decisions
- Work with winemakers and cellar leads on pressing, grape receival, facilitating and prioritizing work load, writing work orders
- Monitor winemaking trials, review of lab analysis
- Assist Winemakers as needed
- Ability to work from August through the end of November
- Previous harvest experience in winery production
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Solid Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Ability to work various shifts including weekends and overtime
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have dependable transportation
- Preferred: Degree in Enology and/or Viticulture (currently enrolled or recent graduate)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work Environment:
– Works outdoors/indoors
– Works in warm/cold climates
– Works in high places
– Works on wet surfaces
– Is exposed to loud noise, dust, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
– Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
– Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
– Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
- Occasional travel with ability to work weekends and overtime.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Ability to stand and walk over rough terrain in a predominantly outdoor environment. Requires frequent and repetitive bending. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.