Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze vineyard samples for contract vineyards, and supply data to multiple online websites.
- Analyze juice and wine samples for Brix, pH, TA, RS, ML, SO2 and other analyses as needed.
- Enter all laboratory data and completed workorders to internal database (Vintrace).
- Interact with winemaking team and cellar staff to provide necessary information and problem solving.
- Follow all SOP and safety regulations.
- Execute fermentation workorders, including yeast and nutrient additions.
- Perform duties assigned by winemaking staff.
- Perform duties at elevated heights.
- General housekeeping and daily cleaning tasks.
- Be available to work flexible hours, overtime, and weekends as required by laboratory and grape schedules.
- Work on bottling line as needed.
- Pick up samples at outside locations.
- Pick up laboratory and fermentation supplies from local vendors.
- Communicate via phone and e-mail with laboratory customers.
- Assist in cellar duties as needed.
- Education: HS diploma, some college science background preferred.
- 1+ year of winery laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills including: MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Google e-mail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for long periods of time. Duties will require regular walking, lifting, use of hands, climbing, kneeling, and reaching. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and distance vision to perform analyses. Employee must be able to lift to 50lbs.
During the normal duties of this job, the employee will be working regularly with strong acids and strong bases, oxidizing chemicals, gases, and other potentially poisonous chemicals. The employee will be frequently exposed to moving equipment, forklifts, wet conditions, and moderate noise levels.
Ideally they would like this person prior to harvest, with the intent of becoming full time.
If interested please contact: