Frichette Winery is a boutique, family-owned and operated winery in the heart of Washington’s famed Red Mountain AVA. We specialize in making balanced red wines and creative blends with personality. We pride ourselves on our commitment to “edutain” guests and provide a stellar experience.
We offer an upbeat working and learning environment, impressive team member pricing on wine and one of a kind career development. Want to walk the vineyard, try your hand at topping barrels or bottling? Of course! As a Wine Edutainer, your main role is to edutain, tell our story and sell wine. And if you’d like to develop by learning other parts of our business, we’ll help you.
The Wine Edutainer is responsible for guest engagement and is the face of Frichette Winery in the tasting room. The ideal candidate has super strong customer service/hospitality skills, phenomenal verbal communication and has an incredible ability to connect and carry on engaging conversation.
Wine Edutainer Duties/Responsibilities
- Greet visitors within five seconds as they enter the winery
- Provide education on the wines, wine region and Frichette Story
- Serve samples of wine
- Hold engaging dialogue with guests and be curious about their interest in wine
- Encourage customers to purchase wine, join wine club and attend events
- Maintain a clean tasting room, bar area and patio
- Organize and re-stock bar area
- Handle sales transactions using POS
- Assist with special events, private tastings and trade events
- Prepare food items from our appetizer menu Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to connect with guests
- Ability to hold engaging conversation, be inquisitive and curious
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of wine and wine service
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to provide customers with a stellar and unforgettable wine tasting experience
- Must be able to work weekends, occasional evenings and some holidays
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must obtain MAST card
- Must obtain Food Handlers Card
- Professional appearance and attitude an absolute must!
This is a part-time position $12 per hour. Qualified and interested candidates can send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org