|Job Title||Viticulture Technician|
|Organizational Unit||Vineyard Administration|
|Location (City, State)||14 Hands Winery / Prosser, WA|
|FLSA Status (HR Use Only)||Salaried Non-exempt|
|Employment Status (HR Use Only)||Regular Full Time|
|Position Summary (Brief description summarizing overall purpose / objectives of the position)||Assist Viticulturist in the management of grower and company owned vineyard blocks through data collection, analysis and information dissemination.|
|Essential Functions (Core Responsibilities integral to the job – must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. Includes supervisory responsibility, use of equipment, and indication of key contacts, if applicable)||· Collect and analyze field data such as bud and cluster counts, shoot elongation measurements, pest and disease monitoring and crop quality evaluations.
· Responsible for general maintenance of ATVs.
· Provide work direction to viticulture interns in conjunction with the viticulturist.
· Assist viticulturists with research projects.
|Non-Essential Functions (Desirable, but not necessary aspects of the job, can be performed by other employees, may include occasional or periodic functions)||Perform other related duties as assigned.|
|Working Conditions||· Work is performed primarily outside in the vineyards in all weather conditions.
· Will drive a pickup and trailer to vineyard locations and use an ATV in the vineyards.
· Will perform computer work.
|Physical Requirements (Physical demands required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)||· Able to lift approximately 50 lb.
· Must be able to operate an ATV on rough terrain for long hours.
· Must be able to work extended hours outdoors in inclement weather.
|Qualifications (Minimum competencies required for job performance)||· High School diploma is required but college level coursework/training in plant sciences preferred.
· Must be at least of 21 years
· Previous experience in an agricultural related field desired; experience in viticulture environment preferred.
· Experience with mobile devices is helpful.
· Must have a valid driver’s license. Experience with an ATV is helpful.
· Experience in the operation of computers encompassing MS Access, Excel and Word desired.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand English required. Proficient writing and communication skills a must.
· Good time management and organizational skills, good attention to detail and the ability to work independently is required.
· History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
|How to Apply||To Apply Req# 18-0079|
|EEO Statement||Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.|